So it has been roughly 1 year since I have graduated from that "glorious" institution we call San Jose State University and what do I have to show for it? Absolutely nothing, no job, no social life and certainly no sense to direction. I often find myself wondering how I got myself into this situation. I mean, I did everything right, or so I thought. I went to school year round, loaded up on units and course work even when I thought it wasn't healthy to carry 20 units, and even managed to coach and work part-time on campus. But that turned out to be all for not, seeing how I still live at home with the parentals and am currently jobless.
I can’t tell you how many hours a day I spend combing through Craig's List, Yahoo Hot Job, Monster and Career Builder. But yet, I have gone on some interviews where I am fed the same bull, "oh we like what we see, we will be in contact with you in the next week or so if we feel you would be a valuable asset to our company" or the "Unfortunately we are unable to hire you although you possess a skill set that we are currently looking for" When really all I hear is "BLAH BLAH BLAH" or "We won't hire you for this part-time position because you have a degree and you will try to jump ship as soon as a better job in your field of study becomes available."
Hopefully sometime in the next couple of weeks someone will want me and offer a J-O-B but until then, I stay in my little cocoon of sadness and self pity until I can come up for air and turn into that beautiful butterfly that I know I am.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment